Friday, November 04, 2011

Do Good!

I believe that everyone should do something to give back to this world. I know it is hard with everything that we all have going on in our lives, but we are all so fortunate that we must be committed to help others. It doesn't have to be a lot - a little money or a little time goes a long way for people in need.

The targets of my money and time are: food banks, the American Heart Association, Leukemia and Lymphoma Association and Parents Helping Parents.

I am super happy to report that I just worked to obtain Parents Helping Parents a $30,000 grant to go towards a program called "Sharing the Journey". "Sharing the Journey" is a 6 week program that parents go thru when their child is diagnosed with something serious. The program helps them come to grips with the diagnosis and provides coping skills, including maintaining records and locating needed resources.

http://www.php.com/

No comments: