Thursday, January 20, 2011

Book Review - Life of Pi

Our book club book this time is "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel. It won the Man Booker Prize - whatever that is!

It is about a boy who is relocating with his family and their zoo animals. And the ship they are on, sinks. The boy ends up in a boat with a tiger.

Sounds a little far fetched but it was highly recommended, so I settled in to read it. I read the first 50 pages when one of my friends said, "the whole first section is all philosophical. He doesn't even get into the boat til the second section".

I had experienced enough philosophical already, so I skipped straight the second section!

The second section seemed like it took 500 words to say something that should have been said in 25.

So I got bored really quickly and skipped to the last 10 pages.

DONE! Book read. Book got the thumbs down!

No comments: