Saturday, July 05, 2008

Dog Rescue

I was just sitting here waiting for everyone to get back from the fireworks at the lake and had a surprise visitor. Mari was on the couch reading and she started saying "ah, ah, oh no". I looked up and there was an animal in the doorway....She yelled and Daisy Mae went running.

At first I thought it was a racoon but then realized it was a dog! And he was running in our house because he was afraid of the fire works. Daisy chased it up the driveway. I called her back and put her in the house. When I went back out front the dog came running to me!

I brought him in and seperated all the dogs (remember Chad is here). We waited for the fireworks to stop and then took the dog out on a leash hoping that someone was out looking for him. We let him lead the way and sure enough, he led us right to his house. His owners were down at the lake but a neighbor came out and said, "that's Linus". He walked us right to the front door. The door was unlocked so I opened it, let Linus in and we went home!

All in all, a successful rescue.

No comments: