Thursday, December 07, 2006

Whirlwind

The last month has been a whirlwind of crabbing, relatives visiting, holidays, working and traveling. I am pooped! Which is why I have not been posting.

On Sunday we returned from 3 days at Disneyland. It was a good trip to the happiest place on earth but it was completely overwhelming. A couple of times I just wished I was a 3 year old so I could have a sceaming tantrum. For the most part we managed the whole thing well - ie doing rides when there were no or little lines, taking a rest in the middle of the day, etc. Our down fall were not eating enough...the Cureton family needs to eat every two hours but if we have to go wait in line and pick out our food, we lose interest. Then we go 6 or 8 hours without eating at which time we are all half dead and at each others throats. We did better after the first day. The other downfall was the flea bag hotel. Well.... it was not really a flea bag but it was not up to my standards. I have really become a hotel snob. Which is weird because I have no trouble sleeping in a sleeping bag in the dirt or on a boat. But I don't want to sleep in other peoples dirt! Ick! So next time we are staying at the Grand Californian....no matter what the cost!

The kids loved it all. Drew is a ride maniac. Gracie likes a mixture of rides, shopping and seeing shows. They have a couple really cute new things including a Monsters Inc ride, a Winne the Pooh ride and a show with Crush the turtle from Finding Nemo.

Brian and Diana and little ones were all there too. It was fun that the kids got to be in Disneyland together!

No comments: